Skip to main content

Don't Stop Me Now!



A 'behind the scenes' look at 'Hotel' H (I know,I know - but this is such fun and I have just finished my ECA! I will get back to normal blogging, honest!)

Comments

What a scream. Naughty words too. I loved it.
I agree, it is fun I started one last night. I hope to finish it after lights out tonight. It is called 'The Rehearsal'. I shall never get any work done at this rate.
Chris Stovell said…
Shhh! Rosie, it's supposed to be a 'G' certificate! Good luck with 'The RehearsaL'... I'd better do some work now!
Maggie Christie said…
That's superb! So funny! Will you be having the premiere of it at Hotel H for your guests?
Chris Stovell said…
You don't think it's a bit subtle, do you, Mags?
That's so funny. I'm now going to catch the other one too!
Brilliant. You deserve time off after all that hard work.
Lane Mathias said…
So funny! And your man is waving his arms around now and become British!

Are you really going to stop now? Really....?:-)
Lane Mathias said…
No, he's not British, but he says Aldi Wrinkle Stop sooo well!:-)
Very funny. Loved it.

I imagine you're feeling good having send off the ECA. I got a terrible mark for my TMA5. I knew it was dire. Still working on ECA.
Chris Stovell said…
Cottage Garden, it's best not to encourage me!

Debs, yes - that is my excuse!

Lane, alas that 'British move' thing comes from the poor directions!

Fia, I'm feeling scared now you've told me that.... I haven't had TMA 05 back yet! Eeek!
Calico Kate said…
Great stuff Chris. Can we have some more?
CKx
Chris Stovell said…
Kate - truly that is music to my ears!! You'll be sorry!
Pondside said…
Chris - I'm devastated..you don't sound British at all.
I can see that we'll all give up blogging and turn to film making - small, foreign, specialty film making.
Chris Stovell said…
Pondside (sigh) of course I'm British, but I'm ACTING,- can't you tell? I bet Angelina Jolie never has this trouble. (shakes head)
Cait O'Connor said…
I love these Chris, thanks!
I've done my movie, Chris, but how do I get it onto my blog? Please help!
muddyboots said…
I'm laughing!
Chris Stovell said…
Rosie, I've left instructions in the Common Room for you.

Muddyboots... a scene in the ice cream parlour, perhaps?!
Un Peu Loufoque said…
oh oh I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to play this game too!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Winter's Tale

Thursday 2 December Feeling confined in her snow-muffled flat, Ma takes a walk up her front path to take the morning air. As she returns a cat jumps over the wall and startles her. She slips on the icy path and lands heavily on her shoulder. When her injury doesn’t spontaneously heal, she eventually gives in and calls her local GP surgery. In the evening a GP visits and summons an ambulance ‘sooner rather than later’. Around 10.30 pm Ma is admitted to her local hospital. X-rays suggest she has a fractured scapula which will require emergency surgery. She is put on a nil by mouth regime that night and transferred to a larger hospital for an emergency operation. However, she’s picked a busy period for her accident so the operation doesn’t take place. Saturday 4 December The operation is rescheduled for this morning, so Ma’s had a second night of nil by mouth. A CT scan shows that Ma’s humerus is broken in four places. Despite her obviously smashed-up arm, which is in a sling and...

Forever Young

Looking at the blurb for my new Lacura WrinkleStop from Aldi, I see that its active ingredient has been ‘proven to help • Reduce forehead wrinkles by 52% • Reduce crow’s feet by 24% • Restrict 82% of wrinkle muscle activity’ That’s quite a claim, isn’t it? Frankly, after years when my face looked like a lunar landscape thanks to the joys of acne, these days I’m just grateful to see a fairly blemish-free skin. Part of me wants to believe that the wonder cream’s making everything looking a bit smoother and tidier, but, hey, there’s also a lot of ‘aqua’ and ‘glycerin’ in the stuff, too. Besides, I could tamper with my skin as much as I like (and I don’t), but I’ve only got to stand next to my beautiful daughters to see the difference. Ma has wonderful skin, so the chances are there are some helpful genes in the mix, but my dad died far too young of cancer, so it’s not all good news. My dad was a carpenter. ‘You can’t get age from a tin, Miss Chris,’ he’d say when rubbing his hands o...

Proceed With Care

The Blogosphere is heaving with writers many of whom are aching to be novelists. A few days ago, over at Purple Coo, I was asked a couple of questions about making submissions. This may possibly have raised a few eyebrows as I’m not exactly bursting with novels but I have plenty of writing experience and a few cautionary tales which may help anyone about to embark on this path. 1. It helps if you can write. I’ve spent most of my working life as a professional writer. That hasn’t always been my job title, of course, which has been Research Officer or Local Government Officer (of various descriptions) but writing has always been essential to the job description. I’ve written research papers, policy notes, briefing papers and press releases and if you want someone to turn your hesitant speech or venomous rows into concise elegant prose, well, it ain’t me, babe, because I don’t do that anymore. In addition I’ve been placed in national essay and poetry competitions, I’ve been published in m...