Skip to main content

Prolific Blogger Award


Look! Wasn’t it lovely of Debs and JJ to send this to me? Thank you!
There are a few rules that come attached to it:
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers.
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to This Post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award.
4. Every Prolific Blogger must visit this post and add his/her name in the Mr. Linky so that we all can get to know the other.

I'm passing it on to:

Mountainear for her high spots of life from the top of a low mountain.
gaelikaa for her diary of east/west life.
Fennie for a 'rag bag of odds and ends' where you'll always find something interesting.
Preseli Mags for her writings about life in the Preseli Hills... and because I can almost wave to her.
Cottage Garden for poetry on a Monday and for a blog that's visually stunning (hmm, not sure where you'll put this award,J!)
Helen Ginger for everything you wanted to know about writing, editing and publishing.
Exmoor Jane, a goddess amongst bloggers, the woman who set the bar back in the CL days!

Comments

Chris, I've just left a comment re award on your other post - duh!

Jeanne x
I always like to follow the links bloggers post when they get awards. I've discovered so many great new blogs this way. Congrats on your award!
Maria said…
Oh, Chris, so nice of you, I'm honoured. I'll collect it and sort out the various links etc. within the next couple of days. Thank you!
Exmoorjane said…
A goddess?? A GODDESS? Ye gods, at last someone has realised!

Huge thanks, dear heart. Can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am for your success. jxxxx
Not me then, Chris? Ooops - haven't actually blogged properly since before Christmas, so guess that's hardly prolific. ;-}

V impressed to see all your prolificity, though - looks like you're a woman on a roll. xx
Maggie Christie said…
Thanks you for the award! And in such illustrious company too. I'm honoured and touched. xx
Chris Stovell said…
Jeanne, understood - very sensible.

Hi Karen - yes it is a good way to see new blogs, isn't it?

gaelikaa, you're very welcome, hope it brings a few more readers to your fascinating blog.

Exmoorjane, well, you were the one right up there at the top of the CL leader board. Still have very mixed feelings about that fiasco. You were the clear winner, but we've all got so much from breaking away and doing our own thing so it wasn't all bad.

LBD, well, you can always make a little space in the trophy cabinet, if you like. Ah, go on, you know you want to!
Jenny Beattie said…
I love to see a list of new (to me) bloggers to check out. Thanks Chris.

Popular posts from this blog

A Winter's Tale

Thursday 2 December Feeling confined in her snow-muffled flat, Ma takes a walk up her front path to take the morning air. As she returns a cat jumps over the wall and startles her. She slips on the icy path and lands heavily on her shoulder. When her injury doesn’t spontaneously heal, she eventually gives in and calls her local GP surgery. In the evening a GP visits and summons an ambulance ‘sooner rather than later’. Around 10.30 pm Ma is admitted to her local hospital. X-rays suggest she has a fractured scapula which will require emergency surgery. She is put on a nil by mouth regime that night and transferred to a larger hospital for an emergency operation. However, she’s picked a busy period for her accident so the operation doesn’t take place. Saturday 4 December The operation is rescheduled for this morning, so Ma’s had a second night of nil by mouth. A CT scan shows that Ma’s humerus is broken in four places. Despite her obviously smashed-up arm, which is in a sling and...

Forever Young

Looking at the blurb for my new Lacura WrinkleStop from Aldi, I see that its active ingredient has been ‘proven to help • Reduce forehead wrinkles by 52% • Reduce crow’s feet by 24% • Restrict 82% of wrinkle muscle activity’ That’s quite a claim, isn’t it? Frankly, after years when my face looked like a lunar landscape thanks to the joys of acne, these days I’m just grateful to see a fairly blemish-free skin. Part of me wants to believe that the wonder cream’s making everything looking a bit smoother and tidier, but, hey, there’s also a lot of ‘aqua’ and ‘glycerin’ in the stuff, too. Besides, I could tamper with my skin as much as I like (and I don’t), but I’ve only got to stand next to my beautiful daughters to see the difference. Ma has wonderful skin, so the chances are there are some helpful genes in the mix, but my dad died far too young of cancer, so it’s not all good news. My dad was a carpenter. ‘You can’t get age from a tin, Miss Chris,’ he’d say when rubbing his hands o...

Proceed With Care

The Blogosphere is heaving with writers many of whom are aching to be novelists. A few days ago, over at Purple Coo, I was asked a couple of questions about making submissions. This may possibly have raised a few eyebrows as I’m not exactly bursting with novels but I have plenty of writing experience and a few cautionary tales which may help anyone about to embark on this path. 1. It helps if you can write. I’ve spent most of my working life as a professional writer. That hasn’t always been my job title, of course, which has been Research Officer or Local Government Officer (of various descriptions) but writing has always been essential to the job description. I’ve written research papers, policy notes, briefing papers and press releases and if you want someone to turn your hesitant speech or venomous rows into concise elegant prose, well, it ain’t me, babe, because I don’t do that anymore. In addition I’ve been placed in national essay and poetry competitions, I’ve been published in m...