Choc Lit Short Story Competition
CHOC LIT SHORT STORY COMPETITION
Choc Lit are looking for short stories of up to 1,500 words in which the central theme is chocolate - eating it, drinking it, cooking with it, or anything else. Let your imagination take flight!
1st prize £200, publication on the author’s corner blog and a box of organic chocolates from Plush
A Runner Up will receive £50 and a box of organic chocolates from Plush
1. Your entry must be a maximum of 1,500 words.
2. All work must be your own and not previously published.
3. The entry fee is £3 per story
4. All entries must be received by 31st January, 2012.
Your judges are Choc Lit authors Margaret James (The Silver Locket, The Golden Chain) and Sue Moorcroft (Starting Over, All That Mullarkey, Want To Know a Secret? and Love & Freedom). Both authors teach creative writing for the London School of Journalism and have published numerous short stories, including in the Romantic Novelists' Association's short story anthology. Both have regular columns, Margaret in Writing Magazine and Sue in Writers Forum.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Please post your stories to: Short Story Competition, Choc Lit Ltd, Penrose House, Crawley Drive, Camberley, Surrey GU15 2AB. Please enclose a cheque for £3 per story - i.e. to enter 3 stories costs £9. Cheques are payable to ‘Choc Lit Ltd.’
2. Or email email@example.com with the subject header ‘Short Story Competition’ and pay your entry fee by Paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org.