Saturday, 12 February 2011

Your Cat Magazine


'Your Cat' magazine is a must for cat lovers. It's full of practical advice - this month's issue features money-saving tips for cat owners, for example - and there are plenty of entertaining and informative articles on all aspects of cat care.

The March issue, also contains my short story, 'Charm's Way' in which a boatyard moggy helps a materialistic go-getter discover life's true treasures. I was really interested to see how my story would be illustrated and was delighted, when my copy came today, with what the artist had done.

Your Cat magazine is available now in newsagents and supermarkets.

7 comments:

Fran said...

I once had a story published in this magazine years and years ago. I remember they asked me to cut the whole story by a third, and it was my first great lesson in saying more in fewer words. The story was miles better afterwards.

Chris Stovell said...

Hi Fran, yes, the word limit is quite tight so it is a lesson making every word count. I enjoyed this one, though.

Fennie said...

I've got a story about a cat! In fact I've got two. Neither are boatyard moggies. I am struggling to think whether Harry had a cat but I'm pretty sure she didn't. No doubt it wandered into this story. I'll have to buy the magazine and have a read.

Posie said...

I must look out for that one, I am not a cat lover but have three cats who have taken up residence with us here, and I didn't get much say in it!!

Flowerpot said...

Oh well done Chris - I shall off and get a copy!

Ms. Code said...

I love cats, but my hubby has his labs which are almost as cute and lots of fun for the kids. Thanks for letting me enjoy a glimpse of your world through your eyes! See you around!

Suzanne Jones said...

My 14-year-old likes this magazine. I'll look out for your story.