En Vacances

The pound is falling faster than you can say ‘Thanks, Chancellor!’ there are early warnings of gales in the Channel this weekend and I’m developing a cold. Yes, it can only mean one thing; we’re off on our hols!

We booked this break earlier in the year when Ma was staying with us. Ma adores France but the last time we were there was just after my dad died and it was a bittersweet time for us as we struggled to find our feet again. Our holiday is tinged with sadness once more as we depart with the knowledge that Ma’s beloved elder sister and now her brother, on the other side of the world, are both desperately ill.

It’s been a very sad and painful time, especially for Ma, but come rain, shine or recession I’m determined that the next couple of weeks will bring some light relief.

And finally…
My Ace Gang are having more than their fair share of woes, too. Here’s to you, my lovely girls, and treasured memories of laughter and sunshine to keep us going until we meet again.

Comments

toady said…
Have a great time.
Preseli Mags said…
Have a thoroughly brilliant time. Leave the rain at home in Wales. xx Mags.
Sally's Chateau said…
Hope you're going somewhere with some warm rays Chris, wherever you are though enjoy your break. xx
Cait O'Connor said…
I echo Mags, a great time to be away from the monsoons.
Have a wonderful time, you deserve it and may the sun shine on you.
Milla said…
Have a wonderful time, lucky you, just as so many of us grind, reluctantly, back into a new term. Yes, it is expensive in Europe at the moment, but you can still enjoy yourselves.
Pat Posner said…
Have a lovely relaxing time, Chris.
Lane said…
Enjoy yourself Chris. I hope you and your ma have a really lovely time x
Debs said…
Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

There's an award for you over at mine too.

Dx
Fennie said…
Oh you do make it sound sad - all that talk of adieu's; I'm waving my hanky on the end of the pier already.
Seriously though have a good time and take it easy on the half marathons.
Yes go on - get really refreshed because from 27 September we have got to be there with our pencils sharpened and raring to go! We start proper skool then!!!

No disasters this time please and keep out of ALL boats!
Elizabethd said…
Have a refreshing holiday Chris.
lampworkbeader said…
I hope you have a lovely time. Take care, Lampie
Frances said…
Wishing you happiness on your hols, Chris!

Please do stay away from small boats, and very close to delicious food and wine.

xo
Annie Bright said…
Hope you have a happy and relaxing holiday, Chris. x
Flowerpot said…
hope you have a wonderful time Chris - you deserve it. Take care - and hope teh sun shines on you!
Pondside said…
Happy holidays, Chris. I hope you get lots of sunshine wherever you'll be.
CC Devine said…
I hope that you get to relax. Sorry to hear about the sad news with your great auntie and uncle.
elizabethm said…
Have a great time, you deserve a good break. Hope the sun shines on you.
Grouse said…
Well I like that!!!! Popped in to say 'Hello!' and you're off to distant shores!
Was it something I said?

Back to fake bake and 10 lengths of Chatsworth pool for me......

......tut!
LittleBrownDog said…
Have a fabulous time, Chris - at least I hear it's not raining there (or it wasn't when I last looked). Looking forward to hearing a full report on your return. xx
Zinnia Cyclamen said…
Hope you've been having a wonderful holiday and return relaxed, refreshed and recharged.
UN PEU LOUFOQUE said…
Sorry to hear sad news, enjoy France and try ot to dmage naymore limbs.
BT said…
Great to be back here Chris. Have a really good holiday and I hope you and Mum aren't too sad. Maybe a bit reflective.

I spent 4 days in Milan in early September and just to feel the warmth of the sun again was magical! Ireland has lost its sun I think
BT
muddyboots said…
is it not always the way, coughs and tickle noses always come at the wrong time!

Popular Posts